Tips to get your home ready to SELL!
Homes typically sell by emotion (with the exception of investment properties obviously) and how a home looks and feels to a buyer is the difference between a sale and NO sale. You don't need to spend a lot of money or have fancy designer labels. It is about simplicity, a lack of clutter and getting rid of the extra “stuff” that blocks the flow of positive energy in our minds and in our homes. It’s about furniture, windows and door placement to allow light and a correct inviting flow that makes you so comfortable in a home that you want to stay awhile. Or better yet, buy it for top dollar. Honey Stop The Car! Ever had that feeling where a home captured your attention so strongly that you stopped your car to immediately call the realtor right then! This is the dream of every seller and realtor because when this kind of excitement happens the house is SOLD. Here are some tips to make your home simply irresistible too.
- Curb appeal is fundamental. Grass cut, edged, bushes trimmed, NO weeds; flowers, flowers, and more flowers
- Driveways clean, mailbox straight, trash bins out of sight
- Porch clean, round or oval pots of blooming flowers, weather permitting
- Front path clean with flowers along the way
- A new doormat, preferably black – semicircle or oval is ideal
- Front door should be immaculate, fresh coat of paint or varnish, kick plate bright and shining
- Remove all “NO Solicitors and Do Not Disturb signs.
- Address numbers visible from across the street
- Doorbell that sounds gentle, not jarring. Solid threshold, shiny, firm doorknob
- Front door lock and key that work easily
- Clean, Clean, Clean (fresh smelling) Home! Baseboards are a tale-tale sign of a dirty (sometimes neglected) home. Don't forget to deep clean ALL appliances (inside/outside and areas surrounding: stove/oven, microwave & refrigerator, areas around furnace/hot water heater... even air compressor outside!)
- Fresh flowers or good looking silk flowers in entry and on dining room table
- Remove dying plants or empty pots
- Remove all excess furniture –roomy and spacious feeling is most important
- Clutter is your worst enemy – rent a storage unit for excess, if necessary
- Fresh paint where needed is the sellers best investment
- Clean (odor free) or new carpet
- 3 to 5 accessory items on kitchen and bathroom counters; all else removed
- Pay attention to art work…neutral is best (no negative, sexual or violent images. No dead trophy animals)
- Position furniture to invite guests inward-nothing blocking forward movement or doorways
- Toilet lids down! Pet dishes out of sight and cat boxes outside
If you are planning to buy or sell a home and would like help or more information, please contact me at 404.538.5396 or email@example.com. I'm always happy to help!
Michelle Miller, ABR® , REALTOR®
REMAX Town & Country
14205 Highway 92, Suite 109
Woodstock, GA 30188
Being your REALTOR® is my full time job!
My Market Areas:
Whether buying or selling, it is very important that you find a REALTOR® who has vast knowledge of the real estate market in the area(s) where you wish to buy and/or sell.
- My Counties: Cherokee, Cobb, Fulton, Paulding and some areas in (south) Bartow, Forsyth & Pickens counties.
- My Cities: Acworth, Alphretta, Ball Ground, Canton, Cartersville, Dallas, Hiram, Holly Springs, Kennesaw, Marietta, Milton, Powder Springs, Roswell, Vinings, Woodstock
Types of residential properties/transactions included in my scope of experience:
- Resales (previously owned homes)
- New construction
- Luxury homes
- Lake properties
- Investment, Foreclosure, HUD properties
- Short Sales